This morning, I thought it would be a good exercise to actually sit down and see what we’ve accomplished in a year. (I’ve also been reading my friends’ blogs, and I might be the only one who hasn’t posted anything about it…. Blush, blush…)
In January 2012, I wrote down these goals
Jasmine: Earn her ADC title and complete the required Snooker events to get to the advanced level.
Result: She has earned her ADC title, and here is the picture of the ever important document.
That snooker Q? Sigh. We’ve had a few close calls, but nothing yet. Goal transferred to 2013!
Fannie: Have her do her weaves by December. I’m waiting until she’s 18 months to start weaves’ training, so that means June. I hope to have her comfortable on the obstacle equipment as well, but we’ll see.
Result: Fannie can complete up to 12 weaves, but she’s still very selective on the “where” she’ll do them. Whoa! Now “that’s” a training hole! Guess I’ll be working on in that in the next few months! Contact equipment? Done!
Lyne: Start liking snooker. Finish the library course I’m working on for work.
Result: Welllllll. Let’s say I like snooker when the courses have no contact equipment. Period. Close enough for me. Don’t ask for more.
Finally, the library course is done, finished, finis. I can read what I want, write what I want, and not have to find something intelligent to add to an online conversation anymore. Ahhhh, freedom.
Little surprises along the way
- Fannie doing her début in agility well as in rally-o
- Jasmine finding joy in competitive trials. Yup, she gave me a play bow, in a snooker course, no less.
Goals for 2013 – Jasmine and Fannie
- A first Q for Fannie. This will depend on high fast I can run. 😉
- The Starters Games Title for Jasmine. This means that we’ll have to go for that ever elusive snooker Q. Definitely doable.
- Participate in more rally-o trials.
- A first participation for Jasmine at the 2013 Ontario Regionals.
- Have Fannie be comfortable doing weaves.
Goals for 2013 – Lyne
- Start running again.
- Do a bit more at home training with dogs.
- Post more often in this blog.
- Be more organized.
Happy moments in 2012
Jasmine’s beautiful white paws. No anxious licking and no orange spots. Hurray!
Fannie’s first trial, and Jasmine’s hard work.
Fannie’s adorable little head tilts.
Jasmine passing the Child Friendly Therapy Dog Test
Here’s to another great year. Here we come 2013!